Chef Nicole’s Shrimp In The Limelight
This dish is packed with flavor, fun and lots of bite…but low on calories!
Ingredients (Serves 1 Person):
- ½ t Olive Oil
- 4 ea Jumbo Shrimp, peeled, deveined & butterflied
- ½ T Jerk Seasoning
- 1 Lime
- 1 T Chipotle Mayo (we make ours in house)
- 1 t Butter, Melted
- 3 Slices Zucchini (¼” thick)
- 3 Slices Summer Squash (¼” thick)
- 3 Slices Red Pepper (¼” thick)
- 3 Slices Onion (¼” thick)
- ¾ Cup Rice (we recommend pilaf)
- ¼ Cup Pico de Gallo
- 1 T Cilantro, chopped
- 1 T Scallion, sliced
- 1 T Red Pepper, fine dice
- In a sauté pan over med-high heat, heat oil until very hot.
- Season shrimp liberally with jerk seasoning/spice and add to pan. Quickly sear, careful to not overcook
- Turn heat down to low and add squeeze of fresh lime juice, chipotle mayo and toss well. Remove from heat
- While cooking shrimp portion of recipe, brush vegetable slices (zucchini, squash, onion and pepper) with butter and season with salt and pepper. Grill on broiler (or sear in pan at home) until tender.
- Quickly sauté Pico de Gallo and rice with a small amount of butter
- Plate rice/Pico de Gallo mix in a pile on plate, top with grilled vegetables, and then with sautéed shrimp.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, scallions, & fine diced red pepper
If you like it with an extra kick, use more jerk seasoning in the rice sauté portion or add a tsp of chipotle in adobo. Enjoy!